Tuesday, February 19, 2013

H44KW V63ZM the (allmost) unworkables

H44KW 10114kHz CW this evening again working EU  weaker but just
after EA8AK? (QSO B4 )  I called at his QSX  and this time he came back woow  my first QSO with the Solomon Isl. was a fact

3D2RX  7011.3  worked being  the 3rd  40m 3D2 this month



To say it in one phrase: DX hunting can be a frustrating thing.


  Some DXCC  seem  unworkable no matter how loud they are.   
V63ZM 80cw  and   H44KW 10106 cw   real loud.
Must have huge pile yes but it was spread out and it did not seem that busy to me.
But never a chance  only special ear for G  heard  no ears for other W-EU ? 
deja vue  V63ZM

 heavy QRN ?
My ERP is too low?
  in the ARRL 1 call 100W to a not very strong big gun was enough it can not be that
Now I was calling with  PA . What more do I need  to be able to work V63ZM and H44KW?

Easier to work the  Fiji islands or ZL     3D2NB 3D2RO 3D2RX this month worked at 40m
Weak and  heavy pileups  but after a few calls  they come back so what's the problem with H44 V63?

Maybe it is too easy judging from this end of the pile.
But some operating procedures keep the weaker  ones behind the wall of SE Europe  out of the game.
Giving call and qrz after every QSO will make the pile too heavy for me.
But H44KW did not do that it was fb operator  still  no result
http://www.qsl.net/pa0oos/recall/H44KW_30.mp3 is that loud enough or not ?  it is not going to get louder from H44

H44 heard at 80m  also loud  but always one-way propagation  in that part of the world it seems

I have never worked H44  on any band and after this experience I lost the hope it will ever going to happen .
 







2 comments:

DaMorseMan said...

Saw it worked out for you with H44KW after all yesterday on 30m. I have worked them too yesterday early in the eveining. They were really weak, so I do not understand the many comments that they are deaf. With a semi-permanent, single radial vertical and 400W I am not compaining ...

-- Enno, PF5X

Jaap van oosten said...

Fb Enno you got them, your vertical works excellent. If it gives 10-15dB more compared to the 22m a.g. dipole
It is time for me to change to a vertical for 40m too? I would not know why this dipole would not perform well.



Translate